Wednesday, May 4, 2011

On the move



It's been a couple weeks since I've posted anything!  Sorry, we have been going non stop!  We spent last week all over DFW trying to get ready for my little brother's wedding.  We needed outfits for everyone!  Then, very unexpectedly, my step father was hospitalized and had two unplanned surgeries for significant carotid blockage!  He is home now and doing well, but the timing could not have been worse!  So, my picture taking has kind of been slacking not to mention I didn't take ANY pictures on Austin's wedding day and Layton had the cutest little outfit!  We did survive our first real road trip with all three kiddos which went much more smoothly than I expected :)  In the meantime Layton thinks he is such a big boy!  We had our 2 week check up where we found out he's definitely growing and gaining weight.  He is all the time trying to sit up and he's always holding his head up.  He's crazy.  





I wish you could see the dancing he was doing in this shot. :) Also, he's almost 3 wks old and can only wear 3 month clothing!!  He's not missing any meals :)  






I did remember my camera for the rehearsal dinner so here are a few pictures from that evening.

 Layton with his new Aunt Sarah!

Cousin Johna with Layton.

 My niece Nyla Nicole.  I always end up with several pictures of her on my camera :)
 

Uncle Brandon and Nyla







Pops getting some quality time.
 My family with the happy couple Sarah and Austin and Pops (my dad)

Our family of 5 :)

 These two make me smile!  My step-son Caleb and nephew Nash.  They play constantly and are alway trying to find more time to see each other!  Getting this picture was NOT easy... it meant they had to stop running wild for at least 5 seconds :)
 My sister Shannon and brother Austin.

Hopefully I'll be able to steal some photos from the wedding eventually but for now I have none!  

As a side note, while we were gone Layton's belly button stump FINALLY fell off!  So, we got to have our first real bath and he was a much bigger fan of being all the way in the water :)

Layton got to experience his activity mat for the the first time yesterday and it was so much fun watching him!  At first he was crying and then he started to realize all the colors and toys and really enjoyed it.  Here are a few pictures that make my heart smile :)  

Yes, I believe that's a smile!  
LOVE LOVE LOVE my Layton Samuel!!

No comments:

Post a Comment